Sunday, August 23, 2009
We did it! One week: 7 recipes. School starts in two days so I won't be able to update as often, but I'll definitely do my best. Since I loaded this blog up on all things sweet and carbalicious, I thought I would end the week with something savory and protein-filled. This recipe is from Martha Stewart, and it is delicious! Even my mom who hates eggs loved it.
Smoked Salmon Frittata
12 large eggs, beaten
1 c. heavy cream
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 lb. smoked salmon, chopped
3 slices of an onion, finely diced
3 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 tbsp. butter
1. Melt butter in a nonstick 10" skillet over medium heat. Sautée onions in butter until translucent (about 5 minutes). Reduce heat to medium low.
2. Combine eggs, cream, goat cheese, smoked salmon, dill, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
3. Poor egg mixture into skillet and combine with onions. Cook , pulling back edges with a rubber spatula until it begins to sit (about 15 minutes).
4. Put the skillet in oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 350° F.
5. Let cool 5 minutes then run a spatula around sides and underneath to ease out of the pan.